This a very filling and easy to make dish, it takes only a few to make. It looks great and it can be used as a side or as a main dish.
3 to 4 Servings
- 1 Medium sized Butternut Squash*, grated into thin strips*
- 1 Large Beet (Beetroot), grated into thin strips*
- 2 Spring Onions (Scallions), chopped finely
- 3-4 Tablespoons (45ml) of Cold Pressed Walnut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Cold Pressed Flax-Seed Oil
- ½ cup of Hemp Seeds
- ¼ cup of Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of Cumin*
- ½ Tablespoon of Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper (optional addition)
- 1 tablespoon of Maple Syrup or Other Sweetener(optional addition)
* To grate into thin strips you can us a manual “cheese-grater “or you can use you food processor with the grater attachment. For this Recipe I always prefer to use the food processor, it is much quicker and easier.
*I always buy good quality Organic Cumin Seeds and then ground up a fresh batch a couple of weeks. I use my coffee grinder for this; it is simple, the taste is 100 times fresher and the aroma is amazing…. Much better than any ground cumin powder you in a shop, which would have lost its freshness as it would have been ground up months or even years before.
1) Remove the peel on the Squash and the Beet. Then grate them into thin strips.
2) Chop the Spring Onions, finely and add them into add Large Salad or Mixing Bowl with the Grated Beetroot and Butternut Squash.
3) In a small bowl, using a fork, mix together Walnut Oil, Flax-Oil, Hemp Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Cumin, Paprika & Salt
3) Simply sour the dressing over the salad and Enjoy!
(If you let the dressing soak into the “slaw” for 15 or 20 minutes it tastes even better)