This is probably one of the simplest salads you can make, but it tastes great. This is ideal for a side dish or it can also be eaten as main dish.
2 to 3 Servings
- 2 cups (approximately 150g) of Spinach*; chopped coarsely
- ½ cup of Fresh Basil*; chopped finely
- 3 Salad Tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- 1 Large Red Onion, chopped finely
- ¼ cup of Cold Pressed Organic Olive Oil*
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Ginger powder*
- ½ Lemon, the juice from…
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan Pink salt
- 1 teaspoon of Dried Oregano or Thyme (optional addition)
- 1 tablespoon of Maple Syrup or other Sweetener (optional addition)
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar* (optional addition)
* (It is best to use Organic Spinach, whenever possible).
*You can substitute the Basil with Coriander or Parsley, or any other fresh herb you like the taste of.
*You can substitute Olive Oil for Hemp or Flax Oil, but always use only Cold-Pressed oils; these are the most beneficial to us. Most oils on supermarket shelves are heated in the extraction processes and this makes them very difficult for the body to utilise, so always check for “cold-pressed”or “cold-extraction” on the bottle.
*if you don’t have powdered Ginger, you can finely grate some fresh Ginger
*The brand called “Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar” is the best one you should get, ACV can help you at the beginning of your detox by helping build friendly bacteria in your intestinal tract. It also has a very distinct taste and can help to you transition from the taste of cooked sauces, like Ketchup and BBQ Sauce.
1) In a large bowl, combine the chopped Spinach, Basil, Tomatoes and Onions.
2) In a small bowl, using a fork, mix together Olive oil, Ginger Powder, Honey, Lemon and Apple Cider Vinegar, Salt & dry Herbs. (Mix Well)
3) Simply sour the dressing over the salad and Enjoy!
(If you let the dressing soak into the salad for 5 or 10 minutes it tastes even better)